Our Commitment to You and the OfficeNinjas Community
You are at the top of our minds.
The COVID-19 outbreak is seriously impacting our global community and we know this is a challenging time for so many of us. Our hearts are with those who’ve fallen ill or have loved ones who are suffering.
In these uncertain times, we stand committed to facing this crisis together as a community, in kindness and support of one another.
Eight years ago, we founded OfficeNinjas to provide administrative professionals and workplace operators with opportunities for deep learning, collaboration, and global community. And we will continue delivering on that promise.
Our team has prepared a Plan of Action to address existing and foreseeable obstacles. We would like to share with you the measures we’re taking (more details below).
Thank you for trusting OfficeNinjas. As an organization with an innate “figure it out” attitude, our team is swiftly working through these unique circumstances and we look forward to providing our community with experiences we can all be proud of.
Nancy & Edwin Salgado
Updated as of March 14, 2020. We will add more information as it becomes available.
What can I expect during Admin Week (April 20-24, 2020)?
Admin Week is all about global recognition of administrative excellence. And despite present circumstances, we still have plenty to celebrate.
- 2020 OfficeNinjas All-Stars. Five extraordinary Ninjas and one showstopping Ninja Team will be honored with an OfficeNinjas All-Star Award. Read about their personal journeys and heartwarming nominations as we reveal one winner each day of Admin Week.
- Admin Day Mega Flash Raffle. This Admin Day (April 22), prepare for a chance to win one of 20 indulgent prizes from our Ninja-supporting sponsors — and it’s completely free to enter. Subscribe so you don’t miss out on important announcements and instructions.
- OfficeNinjas Con and Admin Bash. On March 6, the San Francisco Department of Public Health recommended the cancellation of large community events in an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Therefore, we made the crucial decision to postpone OfficeNinjas Con and Admin Bash in light of this important information. (More details on how we’re reimagining this experience below.)
I’ve already purchased a ticket for OfficeNinjas Con and/or Admin Bash 2020. What happens next?
Registrants who purchased OfficeNinjas Con and/or Admin Bash 2020 tickets will automatically be registered to OfficeNinjas Con and/or Admin Bash 2021 — you don’t need to do anything.
In addition, OfficeNinjas Con registrants will receive complimentary access to the new virtual OfficeNinjas Con 2020 (valued at $695) this Fall. This is our way of providing existing registrants additional value as we ask for your support during these challenging circumstances.
We will be sharing more information in the coming weeks.
Can you tell me more about the virtual OfficeNinjas Con 2020?
No one can say with certainty when it may become safe to responsibly resume in-person events. Therefore, we’re transforming this year’s OfficeNinjas Con into a highly immersive virtual conference in Fall 2020.
Ninjas have long expressed a desire for location-agnostic learning opportunities — and we are thrilled to provide this experience, the OfficeNinjas way.
What will make our virtual Conference particularly unique?
- Interactive engagement that removes physical barriers, allowing for real-time collaborative learning
- Membership to our new OfficeNinjas Platform, a powerful digital networking and learning hub (launching this Summer)
- Our OfficeNinjas Con Success Kit, a special delivery gift box to prepare you for an incredible virtual experience
We’ll be sharing dates, registration, and more details over the coming weeks. Subscribe and you’ll be the first to know.
I’ve already booked a hotel and flight for OfficeNinjas Con and/or Admin Bash 2020. Will I be able to cancel?
We recommend reaching out directly to your airline for details and next steps. Many airlines will allow you to use those dollars for another trip within a certain timeframe. Some have developed specific compensation plans for travelers whose travel has been interrupted by COVID-19.
Are Admingling 2020 events still taking place?
We have postponed all Admingling events scheduled to take place between March and August. We are continually monitoring recommendations regarding COVID-19, and will reevaluate whether it is safe to resume Admingling events in Fall and Winter, 2020.
Sign up for our newsletter to receive Admingling updates.
What does this all mean for the future of OfficeNinjas?
We were working on Big Hairy Audacious Goals (BHAG) for 2020 — and had coined it the Era of the Office Ninja. While COVID-19 has greatly impacted our event-driven organization, OfficeNinjas remains committed to developing unique ways to unite this incredible community and provide new collaboration and professional development opportunities.
We aren’t going anywhere. Our nimble team is working diligently on new plans and will continue to keep you updated.
Is there anything I can do to help support OfficeNinjas?
Yes! Your support will contribute immensely to the success of this worldwide community. Here are a few ways you can support OfficeNinjas:
- Invite your admin colleagues to subscribe to our free weekly Newsletter. Ninja referrals are instrumental to the health of this community. With every new member, we gain another unique perspective — and together, we become more influential in our mission to elevate the perception of the admin role.
- Shop our Vendor Marketplace and meet our trusted partners. From branded essentials and snack subscriptions to interactive virtual team games and home office tech tools, each partner on our Vendor Marketplace is fully vetted by ONHQ, and ready to meet your unique needs. Plus, receive Ninja-exclusive offers!
- Invite your company to become an OfficeNinjas Founding Education Partner, reserved for organizations who recognize the powerful evolution of the administrative role in the future workplace and are eager to join us in upskilling the admin profession. Email [email protected] for more info.
- Follow us on our LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages and engage with the community. We have a good time together!
Updated as of March 27, 2020.
We will continue to update this section with a highly curated selection of relevant information as it becomes available. Do you have additional resources that would be helpful for the community? Share them with us at [email protected]
- COVID Community Vulnerability Map. Identification of the populations at risk for severe outcomes once infected to inform resource planning, interventions, outreach and other community initiatives.
- US Federal government policy changes in response to COVID-19. This page covers US federal policy changes made in response to the coronavirus pandemic. Includes major legislation, executive actions, and department policies.
- US Voting & COVID-19. Vote.org is gathering COVID-19 election updates and distilling this information for voters.
- Nonprofits Launch Site for Asian Americans to Report Coronavirus-Related Racism.
- Snopes: The Coronavirus Collection: US Government Response. Snopes investigates rumors about how the US government and other organizations have responded to the coronavirus crisis.
- Coronavirus: The Black Swan of 2020
- Lead Your Business Through the Coronavirus Crisis
- Seven Key Actions Business Can Take to Mitigate the Effects of COVID-19
- Do’s and Don’ts of an Emergency Remote Work Plan
- Coronavirus Pandemic Response Templates for Employers
- Coronavirus Employee Management Kit Presentation
- Why Leaders Need Meditation Now More Than Ever
- How Can You Talk to Your Customers About COVID-19?
- Coinbase Planning and Response to COVID-2019. Coinbase’s internal planning document made public to help other organizations with decision-making, updated regularly.
- Who’s Staying Home Because of COVID-19? A list of companies who are WFH, as well as events changed. Updated regularly.
- Coronavirus HR Comms & Resources Guide (crowdsourced)
- How HR Teams Are Addressing Coronavirus
- A Fast, Simple Way To Get Support To Workers Without Paid Leave
- Enthusiastic Versus Experienced: What To Look For In A Remote Work Consultant
- Remote Working: Setting Yourself and Your Teams Up for Success (LinkedIn Learning Courses)
- A Security Checklist for Remote Workers (or Anyone, Really)
- Hackers Are Using Coronavirus Maps to Spread Malware
- Coronavirus phishing attacks and email scams are on the rise
- Watch Out For These Efforts To Exploit The Pandemic
- Airlines for America. A COVID-19 microsite with updates across the airline industry, including cities open for business and airline carriers action plans.
- International Air Transport Association (IATA). Regular updates to world-wide travel restrictions.
MAIL & SHIPPING
- Mail services including the USPS and FedEx will continue delivering despite coronavirus
- USPS. Currently following strategies and measures recommended by the CDC and Public Health departments.
- FedEx Service Alerts
- How UPS is responding to the Coronavirus
- A Comprehensive List of Tips, Tools, and Examples for Event Organizers During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- The Right Way to Cancel Events: Leverage Proactive Leadership and Events Expertise
- What’s Your Company’s Emergency Remote-Work Plan?
- The Ultimate Guide to Remote Work
- How To Prepare For Your Virtual Interview
- Coronavirus and Remote Working: A Practical Guide 10 Years In The Making
- Writing Tips for Remote Workers (And Everyone Else)
- How to Manage the Hidden Risks in Remote Work
- Coping with Fatigue, Fear, and Panic During a Crisis
- I Spent a Year in Space, and I Have Tips on Isolation to Share
- That Discomfort You’re Feeling Is Grief
- How To Give Your Kids Stability When Coronavirus Closes Schools
- Activities for Kids in Coronavirus Quarantine
- Survival Guide for WFH Parents with kids at home too (open source)