Our Commitment to You and the OfficeNinjas Community
You are at the top of our minds.
The COVID-19 outbreak is seriously impacting our global community and we know this is a challenging time for so many of us. Our hearts are with those who’ve fallen ill or have loved ones who are suffering.
In these uncertain times, we stand committed to facing this crisis together as a community, in kindness and support of one another.
Eight years ago, we founded OfficeNinjas to provide administrative professionals and workplace operators with opportunities for deep learning, collaboration, and global community. And we will continue delivering on that promise.
Our team has prepared a Plan of Action to address existing and foreseeable obstacles. We would like to share with you the measures we’re taking (more details below).
Thank you for trusting OfficeNinjas. As an organization with an innate “figure it out” attitude, our team is swiftly working through these unique circumstances and we look forward to providing our community with experiences we can all be proud of.
Nancy & Edwin Salgado
Updated as of May 2, 2020. We will add more information as it becomes available.
Are Admingling 2020 events still taking place?
We have postponed all Admingling events scheduled to take place in 2020. We are continually monitoring recommendations regarding COVID-19, and will reevaluate when it is safe to resume Admingling events.
Sign up for our newsletter to receive Admingling updates.
What does this all mean for the future of OfficeNinjas?
While COVID-19 has greatly impacted our event-driven organization, OfficeNinjas remains committed to developing unique ways to unite this incredible community and provide new collaboration and professional development opportunities.
We aren’t going anywhere. Our nimble team is working diligently on new plans and will continue to keep you updated.
Is there anything I can do to help support OfficeNinjas?
Yes! Your support will contribute immensely to the success of this worldwide community. Here are a few ways you can support OfficeNinjas:
- Invite your admin colleagues to subscribe to our free weekly Newsletter. Ninja referrals are instrumental to the health of this community. With every new member, we gain another unique perspective — and together, we become more influential in our mission to elevate the perception of the admin role.
- Shop our Vendor Marketplace and meet our trusted partners. From branded essentials and snack subscriptions to interactive virtual team games and home office tech tools, each partner on our Vendor Marketplace is fully vetted by ONHQ, and ready to meet your unique needs. Plus, receive Ninja-exclusive offers!
- Invite your company to become an OfficeNinjas Founding Education Partner, reserved for organizations who recognize the powerful evolution of the administrative role in the future workplace and are eager to join us in upskilling the admin profession. Email email@example.com for more info.
- Follow us on our LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages and engage with the community. We have a good time together!
Updated as of April 8, 2020.
We will continue to update this section with a highly curated selection of relevant information as it becomes available. Do you have additional resources that would be helpful for the community? Share them with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- US Federal government policy changes in response to COVID-19. This page covers US federal policy changes made in response to the coronavirus pandemic. Includes major legislation, executive actions, and department policies.
- US Voting & COVID-19. Vote.org is gathering COVID-19 election updates and distilling this information for voters.
- Nonprofits Launch Site for Asian Americans to Report Coronavirus-Related Racism
- How Can’t-Close Retailers Are Keeping Workers Safe
- Coronavirus: The Black Swan of 2020
- Lead Your Business Through the Coronavirus Crisis
- Seven Key Actions Business Can Take to Mitigate the Effects of COVID-19
- Do’s and Don’ts of an Emergency Remote Work Plan
- Coronavirus Pandemic Response Templates for Employers
- Coronavirus Employee Management Kit Presentation
- Why Leaders Need Meditation Now More Than Ever
- How Can You Talk to Your Customers About COVID-19?
- How to Think About Long-Term Strategy When You Can Barely See Past Tomorrow
- Leading Your Company Through a Pandemic
- Leading Through the Duration of the COVID-19 Emergency
- Free Emergency Response Survey Template from Culture Amp. Gather feedback from your people and have their concerns help inform your strategy.
- Coinbase Planning and Response to COVID-2019. Coinbase’s internal planning document made public to help other organizations with decision-making, updated regularly.
- Who’s Staying Home Because of COVID-19? A list of companies who are WFH, as well as events changed. Updated regularly.
- Everything We’ve Implemented at Front to Keep a Great Culture While Being Remote
- Dropbox Paper: COVID-19 Health and Safety Framework
- Several People Are Typing: Business Continuity at Slack: Keeping Our Customers Up and Running During COVID-19
- Coronavirus HR Comms & Resources Guide (crowdsourced)
- How HR Teams Are Addressing Coronavirus
- A Fast, Simple Way To Get Support To Workers Without Paid Leave
- Enthusiastic Versus Experienced: What To Look For In A Remote Work Consultant
- What to Know About Filing for Unemployment
- 7 Questions to Raise Immediately After You’re Laid Off
MAIL & SHIPPING
- Mail services including the USPS and FedEx will continue delivering despite coronavirus
- USPS. Currently following strategies and measures recommended by the CDC and Public Health departments.
- FedEx Service Alerts
- How UPS is responding to the Coronavirus
- What’s Your Company’s Emergency Remote-Work Plan?
- The Ultimate Guide to Remote Work
- How To Prepare For Your Virtual Interview
- Coronavirus and Remote Working: A Practical Guide 10 Years In The Making
- Writing Tips for Remote Workers (And Everyone Else)
- This Exec Has the Field Guide Large Remote Teams Need to Thrive
- GitLab: Resources for Companies Embracing Remote Work
- Coping with Fatigue, Fear, and Panic During a Crisis
- I Spent a Year in Space, and I Have Tips on Isolation to Share
- That Discomfort You’re Feeling Is Grief
- What Your Coworkers Need Right Now Is Compassion
- Crisis Text Line. Free, 24/7, confidential text message service for people in crisis. Text HOME to 741741 in the United States.