Event Operations Manager
The demand for OfficeNinjas events is fierce, and we need an event operations manager (EOM) who can help us grow this division of our business with speed, efficiency, and tech-savvy smarts!
This long-term opportunity is more than a traditional event-planning position. Yes, vendor management and on-site coordination are crucial to the role, but we want to work with someone who can think beyond event day.
The ideal candidate is data-driven. Their instincts are strong, but when it comes to understanding each unique market, making business decisions, and measuring success, the EOM crunches the numbers. They embrace new technology and geek out over automating tasks and improving workflows.
The EOM is obsessed with continuously improving each attendee’s experience, from registration to recap.
Like all OfficeNinjas team members, the person who lands this gig needs to LOVE working with people. We’re a company founded on relationships, and this job represents that. The EOM must be a clear, efficient, and friendly communicator who thrives in a collaborative, remote work environment.
Feeling excited and motivated? Then you’re exactly the type of candidate we’re looking for.
Learn more about OfficeNinjas and our hiring process.
What You Do
- Account Management: You’re the gatekeeper of all vendor relationships, new and existing. You ensure our current partnerships are strong and well-managed while researching and contacting new vendors that align with OfficeNinjas’ values and goals.
- Project Management: You find delight in the details, which makes you a killer project manager. You craft timelines and workflows that are logical and easy to follow, and you’re on top of every deadline.
- Operations: You’re an automation whiz. You save OfficeNinjas time and money, streamlining as much of the event process as possible by utilizing databases, templates, shared documents, data analytics tools, and other systems to create repeatable processes.
- Experience Management: You effectively manage all event KPIs. You use feedback to continuously improve the Ninja and partner experience. Every moment—from sponsor onboarding to event-day activations—feels on-brand, organized, and loaded with value.
- Day-of Coordination: You make on-site event production look easy. With your expert, hands-on management, you execute flawlessly—pre-event setup, A/V coordination, food and beverage service, sponsor activations, and attendee services.
What You Need to Have
- 25+ hours a week to consistently dedicate to OfficeNinjas (with room to increase hours).
- Availability for 20% travel for on-site event production.
- A minimum of two years experience in planning events and one year experience working in a fast-paced, remote environment.
- Ability to maintain accuracy under pressure, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and adapt quickly to rapidly shifting priorities.
- A builder’s sensibility. You understand that if it doesn’t exist, it’s time to take ownership and build it with scalability in mind.
- Proficiency in Asana (or similar project management tool), G Suite, and Slack.
- A healthy combination of big-picture perspective and appreciation for the details.
- A passion for collaboration. Your team members’ success is your success. You want everyone, yourself included, to continue to learn and grow.
- An appreciation for candor. You can handle it, and offer it up.
- Tech savviness. You’re constantly researching new tech tools, and you think every new software system is figureoutable.
- Excellent written communication skills. You get to the point in as few characters as possible.
- Your verbal skills are as on point as your written.
- Major chops in the problem-solving category. You’re constantly thinking ahead. And when issues do pop up, they don’t greatly impact your project’s progress or outcome.
- A growth mindset. You seize opportunities to learn skills outside of your job description.
We mentioned we appreciate candor, so here’s a bit of OfficeNinjas realness: we work hard and smart. We launch and execute new projects every 90 days, accomplishing in three months what most businesses do in a year. We’re looking for someone who can jump in the game, pick up the ball, and run with it.
Office professionals from every corner of the country are eager to experience OfficeNinjas IRL, and it’s our responsibility to deliver it to them. We have the passion and the commitment, but we need smart leaders with long-term vision. The job comes with a ton of responsibility, but an equal amount of opportunity and even more fulfillment.
Did this job description spark a little fire and give you goosebumps? If you’re excited to apply, we would love to learn more about you. Apply today!