Remote, Contract Position
What We Do
The administrative profession isn’t what it used to be, and the influx of changing technologies and new responsibilities in an ever-evolving workplace has business implications beyond the front desk.
OfficeNinjas recognizes admins and workplace operators, aka “Ninjas,” for the curious, engaged, forward-thinking professionals they are. We exist to provide vital resources, educational content, vendor vetting, networking events, and industry insights to ensure they have every opportunity to lead a valued and fulfilling professional life.
What We’re Looking For
We’re searching for a Copywriter who GETS our voice and can use it to engage, educate, and inspire our global community of business operations, administrative, office management, and HR professionals.
The ideal candidate will be able to quickly absorb our style guidelines based on their solid understanding of marketing concepts and experience writing for a variety of brands. They’ll use those guidelines to craft the pithy, energetic copy that our audience expects. But they won’t be afraid to take chances, using their innate curiosity and limitless creativity to help the OfficeNinjas brand evolve.
Accustomed to a fast-paced startup environment, they respect workflows and deadlines but also understand the need for flexibility. They can juggle multiple projects with grace. And while they’re always anticipating potential issues, they can roll with the punches and problem-solve on the fly.
Lastly, the Copywriter must be a clear, efficient, and friendly communicator who happily and confidently takes ownership of projects, welcomes constructive feedback, and thrives in a collaborative, remote work environment. We’re a company founded on relationships, and this job represents that.
Feeling excited and motivated? Then you’re exactly the type of candidate we’re looking for.
Learn more about OfficeNinjas and our hiring process -> https://officeninjas.com/careers/
What You’ll Do
- You’re the voice of OfficeNinjas®. Thanks to your consistently on-brand emails, articles, website copy, and event collateral, our global community of admin pros understand our overall purpose, current initiatives and are eager to participate.
- You enjoy the brand development process. As our identity evolves, you work with the team to ensure OfficeNinjas’ voice is evolving along with it.
- You can’t decide which you like better: digging into assignments or generating new ideas.
- You contribute to our content curation efforts by distilling lengthy articles, reports, and whitepapers into digestible summaries that address the specific needs of the Ninja audience.
- You can turn data into thoughtful prose and generate reports and presentations for OfficeNinjas’ corporate partners.
- Through regular Slack calls, you share updates, progress, and obstacles with the OfficeNinjas HQ team.
What You Offer
- 10+ hours a week to consistently dedicate to OfficeNinjas (with potential room to increase hours).
- An unshakable ability to work autonomously and stay focused without oversight or hand-holding.
- 2+ years experience in copywriting, preferably working with a variety of brands. (We’ll want to see samples!)
- Experience writing for the digital space (eg. articles, marketing emails, website copy, and social media content).
- A marketer’s sensibility and an interest in creative writing. You can adopt a brand’s voice, but you’re not interested in repeating what’s already been done.
- A commitment to getting it just right. You welcome feedback and expect multiple drafts.
- An appreciation for candor. You can handle it, and you can offer it up.
- A passion for collaboration at various stages of the writing process. (For instance, we often collaborate with our writers in developing an outline of a piece before spending the time to fully research and write it.)
- Major chops in the problem-solving category. You’re constantly thinking ahead. And when issues do pop up, they don’t greatly impact your project’s progress or outcome.
- The ability to remain flexible and quickly adapt to shifting priorities.
- Proficiency in G Suite, Slack, and Asana (or a similar project management tool).
- A growth mindset. You seize opportunities to learn skills outside your job description.
- Experience working as an administrative professional and/or with the admin community.
We mentioned we appreciate candor, so here’s a bit of OfficeNinjas realness: we work hard and smart. We launch and execute new projects every 90 days, accomplishing in three months what most businesses do in a year. We’re looking for someone who can jump in the game, pick up the ball, and run with it. We truly love working together and we back each other up every step of the way.
A long term role that’s crucial to our success and growth, the Copywriter is the creative force behind our Ninja-facing communication. The job comes with a ton of responsibility, an equal amount of opportunity, and even more fulfillment.
Did this job description spark a little fire in your heart/pen? If you’re itching to apply, we’d LOVE to learn more about you. Apply today!